PET RESPECT SCHOOLS PROGRAMME
Animals Have Feelings
Main objectives of the programme are to:
- Engage the interest of young children
- Promote a greater awareness about the responsibility of pet ownership
- Promote kindness and understanding towards pet animals
- To enhance children’s understanding that animals are living, feeling beings to be treated with respect and compassion
- To encourage a feeling of responsibility towards animals and their environment
- To foster a sense of amazement and awe at the richness of the natural world
Insight into how the programme works –
Throughout the 3 week course children will learn ‘The Golden Rule’
‘Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You’
In other words- Treat others as you would like to be treated
The Golden Rule –
It means putting yourself in someone else’s shoes.
If you would be unhappy in that situation then they are probably unhappy too.
This works for animals, just as it works for humans.
The programme covers:
Life processes – Humans and other animals, living things in their environment:
English- Speaking and listening, group discussion, reading and writing:
Citizenship- Looking after the environment
Art- Exploring and developing ideas, investigating and making art, craft and design.
Dog bite prevention/phobia